Landfill Rules & Requirements
Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority License
- Licenses are available at the scale house
- Private Cash Customer licenses cost $5 per year
- Commercial Customer licenses cost $25 per year
(60 tons per year minimum to qualify for a Commercial Charge Account)
- NOTE: This is just the cost of the license itself and does not include any tipping fees or any additional charges. Please visit our Fees & Rates for the costs associated with trash disposal.
- Definition: Hauls refuse from his / her own private residence where he / she lives
- Requirements: Current vehicle registration, proof of vehicle insurance, and valid driver's license
- Cost: $5 per vehicle per year
- Definition: Hauls refuse from other than own private residence where he / she lives.
If you own or operate a business, this applies to you.
- Business Auto Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
Note: If you are exempt from Worker's Compensation Insurance, you must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement in our presence.
- DEP Waste Transporter License for vehicles over 17,000 pounds and trailers over 10,000 pounds
- Signed License Agreement
- Cost: $25 per vehicle per year
Note: Fee of $25 per vehicle is waived if the vehicle has valid DEP Waste Transporter License
Important Commercial Customer Information
- All insurance limits must be the state mandated limits as stated in the GLRA Regulations.
- Faxes of Certificates of Insurance are acceptable and can be faxed to Lori Baker at 717-867-5370.
- Vehicles over 17,000 pounds and trailers over 10,000 pounds require a DEP State Waste Transporter License in order to access GLRA's Facilities. For information on how to obtain the DEP Waste Transporter License, visit the DEP Waste Transporter License Information website or call DEP at 717-783-9258. There is no authorization to dispose of waste until all requirements have been met.
- Commercial Customer License Fee of $25 per vehicle is waived if the vehicle has valid DEP Waste Transporter License.
Commercial Hauler License Information and Forms
The 2024 Commercial Hauler License Forms will be a paperless online submission beginning November 1, 2023. You may complete the online application before November 1, 2023, but the actual 2024 Commercial Licenses will not be issued before November 1, 2023. Please have your application for 2024 completed and submitted BEFORE January 1, 2024 to prevent any disruption in service. You may access the online application by clicking the following link:
Requirements for ALL Customers
- Must meet all requirements as stated in GLRA Regulations.
- All open loads of garbage must be covered with a tarp.
- Absolutely no hot ashes in loads.
- Please allow enough time to unload vehicle by closing time.
- All vehicles must be unloaded and offsite by 4 p.m. weekdays and 12 p.m. Saturdays.
- Incoming gate closes 3:50 p.m. weekdays and 11:45 a.m. Saturdays.